SWFCCP is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated National Citizen Service (NCS) Wave Coordinator to help organise and deliver our 2018-2019 NCS project for young people aged 16-17 in the Sheffield area.
NCS is a voluntary three/four – week program for 16-17 year olds that will promote:
- A more cohesive society by mixing participants of different backgrounds
- A more responsible society by supporting the transition into adulthood for young people
- A more engaged society by enabling young people to work together to create social action projects in their communities. (For more information visit https://www.ncsyes.co.uk )
Task Related Duties
- To Plan & Implement the National Citizen Service (NCS) project whilst also leading on the residential and social action elements of the project.
- To achieve agreed targets and deadlines set by management towards delivering the required participants on the NCS programme.
- To Implement the NCS operational guidance towards delivering a successful quality programme.
- Market the NCS opportunity through schools and colleges; use of existing forums and mechanism – e.g., match day programs, websites and on-going youth activities; and identification of innovative ways to attract young people.
- To recruit young people in a range of settings on to the local program using a variety of mechanisms including presentations especially in school assemblies, classrooms, colleges and tutorials.
- To help recruit appropriate staff and volunteers to deliver the program, including a group of youth volunteers to act as Ambassadors for the NCS program.
- To help book all necessary venues and arrange other resources needs – for example residential, transportation and equipment/kit.
- Engagement with local volunteer center, community groups and charities for social action project opportunities.
- To work alongside the football club to promote health, education and inclusion in a positive
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Graduate or Graduate Calibre or a relevant Youth Work qualification
- A full and clean UK driving license. Mini Bus license is desirable
- First Aid Certificate (willingness to update), In date safeguarding (willingness to update)
- Experience working with young people either in a youth or sport environment
- IT competent in word and excel. An understanding of the Salesforce system is desirable.
- As a proven record of accomplishment in delivering targets
- Experience of engaging with and delivering activities to people with Disabilities would be an advantage
- Knowledge of how to market activities to young people would also be an advantage
- A sound working knowledge of the barriers people face and the practical means in which these can be overcome and sign post to the relevant agencies, which can support
- Must have relevant experience in coaching, teaching or mentoring within a youth environment
- Relevant experience in activity planning, project and staff management
- Experience of delivering projects that involve young people aged 15-17 years old
- A proven record of accomplishment of working with external partners
- An ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills.
Please be aware this role is a fixed term contract until August 2019. Closing date 12th Sep 2018
If this role appeals to you and you would like to become part of the Sheffield Wednesday family, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted CVs must contain at least two references.