- Job title: Peer Action Collective Peer Researcher
- Department: Inclusion
- Contract type: Casual – 0hrs
- Site: Remote working
- Salary: National minimum wage
- Working Hours: Flexible
- Reports to: Peer Action Collective Coordinator
SWFCCP are seeking six peer researchers engage, inspire and motivate young people into producing a research project that leads to social action around youth violence. You are part of a team, working alongside peer researchers and a project co-ordinator representing Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme. Your role will primarily be conducting research into methods and ideas of how to reduce youth violence. The hours are flexible and the tasks will consist of peer researchers being trained in all new areas of work. The peer researchers will be able to upskill themselves – CV writing, learning about new forms of research methods, formats of technology (Mobile app) and so much more.
General Description – Task Related
- To support young people during research tasks.
- To act as a mentor to young people in the community.
- To help young people build the confidence and knowledge they need to move forward with PAC.
- To develop ideas that support people and improve community cohesion.
- Forming strong pivotal relationships.
- Uploading data and findings using tablet devices provided.
- To comply with the community programme policies and procedures always in particularly with a key focus on safeguarding young people and adults
- To update the Substance Views system on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all requirements related to Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection and Safeguarding are implemented and comply with SWFCCP policies and procedures, in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all young people involved in the programme
- To undertake training and CPD as necessary and relevant to the post
- Reporting back findings and research to your PAC mentor/Co-ordinator.
To apply, please contact Jacob Walkland – [email protected]