- Job title: Marketing Officer
- Department: Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme
- Contract type: Permanent
- Site: SWFC Training Ground
- Salary: £18k – £19k
- Working Hours: 37 hours, over 7 days. As is expected with this post, there will be regular match days, weekends & unsocial hours as part of a regular working pattern.
- Deadline: Friday 1st October – 5pm
- Reports to: Operations Manager
- Responsible for: Media Assistants
The Marketing Officer is responsible for creating and ensuring the successful delivery of an integrated marketing and communications strategy, using all available internal and external channels to support the community programmes brand and media objectives.
General Description – Task Related
- Develop and implement the company’s marketing and communications strategy
- Promote all programmes, initiatives and fundraising opportunities
- Be responsible for all social media and website content
- Have strong brand awareness across all communication platforms for the community programme
- Support the community programme staff with the creation and design of marketing content from flyers to brochures and presentations
- Liaise with local press and media to provide press releases and positive coverage across the local community
- To liaise with the professional club to coordinate appearances and ambassador roles from professional players
- Carry out duties in accordance with all relevant company policies
- Devote full attention and ability to fulfilment of the duties required by the role
- Other duties as reasonably requested by a member of the senior management staff.
- To work closely with partnership organisations, to maintain good relationships and collaborative working practices
- Deal with enquiries and general day-to-day liaison with customers, colleagues and partners
- Carry out general office duties including data recording, filing, photocopying, sending and receiving emails
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to
- Active participation on continuing professional development and the appraisal process
- Present a professional image when dealing with both internal and external contacts and partners, acting in a professional manner at all times
- To be aware and comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act
- To carry out responsibilities with due regard to Equal Opportunities
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job
- Full driving license and the use of a vehicle (E)
- Relevant marketing qualification (D)
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of creating and publishing content for either a third sector, sport or charitable organisation.
- Experience of publicity/promotion of initiatives and events.
- Experience of working for a charity
- Experience of working within the professional sport clubs
- Experience of managing and coordinating multiple media platforms
- An understanding of and a commitment to equal opportunities issues both in the workplace and the wider community
- Proven leadership skills, providing staff and volunteers with clear direction to achieve defined standards
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to Ben Winter on [email protected]