Sheffield Wednesday FC Community Programme (SWFCCP) is looking to recruit a professional full time coach to work within our expansive schools and community programmes. The coaching opportunities exist throughout the Sheffield area delivering community and schools sessions in accordance with the standards and professionalism expected by SWFCCP.
This exciting opportunity will require successful applicants to deliver creative and engaging sessions in accordance with the Community Officer`s expectations and Quality Assurance Framework.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for skilled football and or multi-sports coaches with a valid Sporting Level 2 coaching qualification as a minimum requirement. Successful candidates must have availability at weekends. Excellent communication skills will be vital for regular interaction with participants, staff, parents and external representatives whilst representing the Club in a professional manner at all times.
What we are looking for in a successful candidate is for them to have experience of coaching football and or multi-sport related sessions and experience working with a variety of age groups. The successful candidate must have at least a Level 2 in any sport coaching qualification. We do desire for candidates to have AFPE qualification, to deliver a high quality provision within a primary school setting.
The skills we look for are having good communication and organisation skills, positive attitude, a flexible approach, confidence, and a professional manner.
What will you be doing?
– To deliver football and or multi-sports coaching sessions appropriate to the age and ability of the participants.
– To produce and evaluate session plans for all activities.
– To undertake dynamic risk assessments.
– To adhere to SWFCCP’s Safeguarding procedure at all times.
– To ensure that all SWFCCP equipment is in good working order and assembled properly – to report to the Community Programme any equipment that needs attention.
– To ensure that the SWFCCP`s Codes of Conduct are adhered to at all times.
– To keep up to date registers for all activities.
– Registration forms collected and processed in line with SWFCCP data protection policy.
– To attend training courses continuing professional development as required.
– To adhere to National Governing Body (FA) guidelines.
– Any other task which is deemed necessary by SWFCCP as it continuously grows.
Qualifications (incl. certifications)
- Multi-Sports or Football Level 2 coaching qualification (essential)
- Level 1+ in other sports (desirable)
- AFPE Level 3 (desirable)
- FA Youth Modules (desirable)
Skills & Experience
- Experience in coaching football and or multi-sports related sessions (Essential)
- Experience of working with a variety of age groups (desirable)
- Delivery in a classroom environment (Essential)
- Good communication and organisation skills (essential)
- Confident & professional manner (essential)
- Flexible approach (Essential)
- Positive attitude (essential)
- Designing and developing schemes of work to a high standard (Essential)
|Job Title:||Community Coach|
|Department:||Health, Inclusion& Participation|
|Contract type||Full time 37hrs|
|Salary||Dependent on experience|
|Site:||SWFC Training Ground|
|Working Hours:||37 hours, over 7 days. As is expected with this post, there will be regular match days, weekends & unsocial hours as part of a regular working pattern.|
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to Ben Winter on [email protected]