Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme is seeking to employ a dynamic individual to provide high quality delivery of Community Programme.
As a community Coach at SWFCCP, you will work closely with the Premier League Coordinator & Community Officer to deliver a range of school and community sessions to young people. This is not a 9.00am – 5.00pm job, so commitment, passion and love of knowing that you will be making a difference is going to be vital to your success within this role.
As a Community Coach, you will support and deliver a range of P.E & school sport activities within local primary schools. Taking a holistic approach to developing children you are working closely with. You will have a direct impact on enhancing young people’s lives through sport and education.
During school holiday periods you may be required to work across other community programmes departments supporting a variety of projects.
The role will include:-
- Deliver the P.E & school sport themed strands. This is to include (not exhaustive):
- Engage and inspire participants (aged 5 – 11) in the Programme.
- Develop and refine learning resources for P.E.
- Deliver extra-curricular sports clubs
- Deliver P.E lessons
- Mentor school staff through a P.E unit of work.
- Classroom support for pupils 1:1 or in small groups.
- Support whole school collapsed curriculum days and assemblies.
- Complete monitoring & evaluation in line with PLCF and SWFCCP policies
- Deliver restorative sessions and interventions to primary school children
- Encourage young people’s enthusiasm and participation in football and physical activity, in particular their longer-term participation in football.
- You may be required to work SWFC home match days, evening work, weekends and Bank holidays when instructed by the Community Manager.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:-
- 1st 4 Sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Member of the FA licenced Coaches’ Club
- Valid FA 1st Aid Qualification
- Valid FA Safeguarding & Child Protection Qualification
- Experience of working in a school environment
- Ability to relate effectively with the 3-18 age group
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues
- Hold a full clean driving license with access to own transport
- Sports related education / degree
- UKCC level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent in sports other than football
- Level 2/3 AFPE qualification
- 2 years knowledge & experience of sports coaching
- Experience of working with a variety of young people, including male and female, as well as different ethnicities
- Experience of working with young people with additional needs
- Experience of working with older demographic of the community
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Competent IT skills – Microsoft office including word and Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to plan and organise effectively
- Adaptability, embracing of innovation and creativity
- Approachable with a flexible & positive attitude
- Understanding & commitment to Equal opportunities, non-discrimination and accessibility
- Enthusiastic & have a pro-active approach to working unsociable hours
- Act as a role model with behaviour consistent with the vision of Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme
- A strong motivator, with high enthusiasm
- Creative thinker to deliver exciting and fun coaching sessions
Please be aware this role is a 12 month fixed term contract. Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Community Program is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post may be subject to a criminal record check or an enhanced DBS check.
If this role appeals to you and you would like to become part of the Sheffield Wednesday family, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted CVs must contain at least two references, current and expected salary.