SWFCCP are looking for a professional, experienced Trainer to deliver a Leadership and Management Apprenticeship course to a range of employed learners. You will be delivering at client company sites to individuals and groups as well as making use of a range of technology such as skype, webinars and an online portfolio. You will also have input into training design and improvements, which will be individualised to learners and / or organisations. You will need to have gained solid training experience preferably with qualifications for training and assessment, however qualifications can be achieved within the role where necessary.
Job Title: Leadership and Management Tutor/Assessor
Department: Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme
Site: Education Hub
Working Hours: 37hrs
- Delivering training in Leadership & Management and possibly other subjects i.e. Customer Services.
- Putting together and assisting with delivery plans bespoke to the organisation and in line with the apprenticeship standard. Looking for continuous improvement of training materials and course content.
- Delivering training using a range of methods both individually and in small groups
- Delivering training face-to-face and using technology such as skype, webinar etc.
- Engaging with employers in terms of feedback and reviews etc.
- Working in the Education Hub and field based
- To tutor, train and assess learners to achieve in a work-based environment.
- To conduct regular training and assessment visits and reviews with all learners in line with SWFCCP, Ofsted and ESFA requirements.
- Ensure appropriate documents and tools are used to record progress and achievement,
- Complying with both contractual and internal requirements
- Ensure learner files and training plans are of a high standard of accuracy and are frequently updated and used as an integral part of the learner’s programme.
- Conduct training and assessment with the learner in the workplace, using national occupational standards and evidence requirements set by appropriate awarding bodies and sector skills councils to achieve their standard.
- Ensure on and off the job training is monitored and recorded showing learner progress and Links to achievement.
- Ensure English, Maths and ICT are delivered and embedded in all programmes
- Undertake employer and learner surveys
- Ensure electronic and manual learner tracking documents are updated regularly and barriers to progress identified.
- Provide appropriate support to learners to help them achieve
- To represent the company in all promotional activities
- To undertake any other relevant duties as specified by your line manager, commensurate with the level of this post
- Training and assessment qualifications e.g., A1, TAQA, E&T, Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTTLS), Cert Ed, PGCE, Level 5 Award in Education and Training (DTTLS)
- Preferably with quality assurance qualifications
- Leadership & Management qualifications are preferable
- Driving licence
- Training experience
- Apprenticeship knowledge and experience.
- Customer Service experience. Preferably in the public sector.