‘Onwards with the Owls!’ targets individuals aged 25 years or older, the programme will commence with an Introductory Coffee Morning on Friday 24th May at 11am. This programme will run for 13 consecutive weeks and will be delivered at Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.
The programme provides opportunities to those who are not currently in education, employment or training. The aim, is to further progress individuals towards employment.
The 13-week programme consists of the following:
- Work Preparation Training – CV writing, Interview preparation & skills.
- A placement in a work experience environment totalling 100 hours.
- Functional skills – Attend Maths & English lessons with qualified tutors to gain the subject qualification up to Level 2.
- A Level 1 Award in Customer Service qualification.
- Digital skills for Pre-Employability Award.
- Behaviours, Attitudes and Attributes for Work Award.
- Health and Safety Award.
Upon a successful outcome of the programme individuals will be better placed to go into further education, an apprenticeship or employment.
As part of the programme the trainees will gain a minimum of 100 hours work experience on a placement with professional employers in Sheffield. Whilst on placement they can apply skills acquired during the study of a numerous qualifications and awards with ourselves, whilst also understanding and developing in a work environment.
Placement opportunities include various roles at SWFC, alongside other employers in Sheffield. These currently include Places for People Leisure Centres , SIV, McDonalds and John Lewis. We will have a list of employers supporting the programme, where the individual can choose what placement they would be interested in.
Click here to download our flyer or complete the form below.