SWFC Community Programme is seeking to appoint four enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated NCS Wave Leaders to help organise and deliver our Summer 2020 NCS programme for young people aged 16-17 within the Sheffield area.
NCS is a voluntary four – week programme for 16-17-year old’s that promote:
- A more cohesive society by mixing participants of different backgrounds
- A more responsible society by supporting the transition into adulthood for young people
- A more engaged society by enabling young people to work together to create social action projects in their communities. (For more information visit www.wearencs.com)
- To Implement the NCS programme during the residential phases.
- To Implement the NCS operational guidance towards delivering a successful quality programme.
- Engagement with local volunteer centre, community groups and charities for social action project opportunities.
- To undertake outreach in the community to engage hard to reach young people and those whose first language is not English.
- To help create signposting links to other education and volunteering provisions for young people.
- To attend related networks, meetings and NCS events, supporting partnership and sharing good practice when required.
- To liaise with a range of key stakeholders such as schools, Colleges, young people’s services, youth groups and parents to ensure effective engagement and participation in NCS.
- Keep accurate up to date filing systems, data and records relating to NCS projects throughout employment
- To undertake project evaluation and monitoring as required
- To support the marketing and promotion of NCS related activities
- To ensure equality of opportunity is afforded to all persons both internal and external, actively seeking to eliminate any direct or indirect discriminatory practices/behavior.
- To maintain Continuous Personal Development (CPD) and training specific to role.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post.
- To work evening and weekends as the requirements of the job demands.
- Youth Work qualification, or equivalent experience.
- A full UK driving license
- First Aid Certificate (willingness to update)
- In date safeguarding (willingness to update)
Skills & Experience
- To have at least two years’ experience working with young people either in a youth or sport environment.
- IT competent in Microsoft Office and Google Drive suite.
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering targets.
- Experience of engaging with and delivering activities to people with Disabilities would be an advantage
- Knowledge of how to market activities to young people would also be an advantage.
- A sound working knowledge of the barriers people face and the practical means in which these can be overcome and sign post to the relevant agencies, which can support.
- Relevant experience in coaching, teaching or mentoring within a youth environment.
- Relevant experience in activity planning, project and staff management.
- Experience of delivering projects that involve young people aged 15-17 years old.
- A proven record of accomplishment of working with external partners.
- An ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.