To manage and oversee the Inclusion strand of the Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme (SWFCCP) by working with the management team, staff, partners and young people to implement and deliver a first-class community cohesion strategy.
Working alongside the Head of Community, in order to be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Inclusion programme.
This includes overseeing partnership agreements, working effectively with key partners including South Yorkshire Police, Police & Crime Commissioners Office, Home Office, Premier League, EFL Trust and Sheffield City Council keeping the projects on schedule, under budget and gaining maximum exposure through effective dissemination of the projects impact.
The Inclusion Manager will play a powerful and influential role by promoting the club and its values, whilst also promoting the benefits of positive education, physical activity and community cohesion.
- To create a sector leading range of community workshops and sessions, in consultation with schools, community organisations and young people to ensure innovative and creative delivery
- Develop links with key community leaders and individuals to form innovative projects to promote the SWFCCP Inclusion strategy
- To report quarterly to the project funders and stakeholders
- Devise and implement relevant participant pathway which engages with and retains targeted participants in the following areas of delivery; –
- Provision of the Secondary School Assembly Awareness & Engagement Programmes
- Devise and implement the South Yorkshire Police / Premier League Knife Crime Initiative in line with stakeholders’ strategic vision.
- Lead & manage on the Premier League (PL) Kicks programmes in line with SWFCCP and PL strategic vision.
- Link all initiatives to Premier League Kicks participant pathways.
- Link SWFCCP Inclusion Projects to the SWFCCP NCS/Education/Health projects
- Produce reports and presentations showing evaluation of project outcomes and outputs for the public and funding partners including South Yorkshire Police, PCC and Premier League
- Ensure thorough and complete analysis is provided both in advance of events and post events to ensure delivery against relevant targets
- Work with delivery staff to ensure they are up to date on project targets and have a thorough knowledge of the projects purpose and direction
- To work first team home matches when required in order to use the power of football to incentivize and inspire, participants and partners.
- Lead, manage and develop a delivery team of full/part time coaches who will provide high impact community cohesion programmes.
- Supervision of sessional staff making sure that they are aware and conversant with all issues which will ensure safe practice is at the forefront of all SWFCCP Inclusion provision.
- Adhere to and implement all aspects of SWFCCP Safeguarding policy when working with children and/or vulnerable adults.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Risk Assessments are carried out thoroughly and comprehensively at all participation sessions in line with SWFCCP Health and Safety Policy Ensure that registration and consent of all participants is carried out to ensure safe practice takes place
- Ensure the collating of Monitoring and Evaluation data is captured on VIEWS
- Set and achieve equality targets in terms of delivery and staffing.
- To work as part of a multi discipline management team to ensure that all strands at SWFCCP are collectively working towards the achievement of an overarching strategic plan set by the Head of Community
- The Inclusion Manager will assist the Head of Community to generate additional restricted and unrestricted funding to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the Inclusion Strand.
- NGB coaching Qualification minimum level 2 (E)
- Recognised and accredited Management Qualifications (D)
- Hold a relevant Youth Work Qualification (D)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a football developmental role (E)
- Experience of working in a project that engaged with and impacted upon a hard to reach target group such as PL Kicks project (E)
- Experience of working in a professional football club charitable programme (D)
- Experience of managing a small team(E)
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire funds (restricted or unrestricted) in order to help to contribute towards the financial sustainability of SWCP Social Inclusion Strand (E)
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]
Closing date: 9th August 2019