BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport – Football Development Programme
Campus: Sheffield Wednesday Football Club
About this Course
The BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport is exciting, dynamic and always moving. Delivered by qualified teaching staff at the Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme within Hillsborough Stadium. It offers talented young football players the opportunity to study whilst actively participating in an football development programme. This partnership programme unites a team of experienced education professionals with support from a leading College and Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme. The football element will be delivered by coaches from Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield FC.
What will I study?
You will study a variety of subjects throughout the year, such as:
- Taking Part in Sport
- How the Body Works
- Taking Part in Exercise and Fitness
- Planning own Fitness Programme
- Physical Activities for Children
- Assisting a Leader of Sport or Active Leisure Activities to Plan & Deliver an Activity
- Working in a Team
- Assisting at a Sport or Active Leisure Event
- Investigate Rights & Responsibilities at Work
- Job Opportunities in Sport & Active Leisure
Also included is functional skills in English and maths that is taught onsite by specialist teachers.
What can I progress to?
Level 2 courses at Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme to enhance your education and football development.
What are the entry requirements?
Completion of school and a good reference.
For more information please contact the education team on email@example.com or complete our enquiry form below.